Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It's 11:35

I should be sleeping...but I can't sleep. I have so much going on in my mind; I thought writing would help calm things down.

I have no topic of interest just some thoughts...

Why is the kitchen always a mess? And on a similar note...why is the clothes hamper always full?

Why is there always traffic when you are in a hurry and a strong tail wind when you don't want to get home?

Why are things worth doing difficult? For example, being married and being a mother...two hard things to do but very worth doing.

Why am I so anxious to get my single friends married? Is it any of my business? Should I even be trusted with someone else's life like that? I have my hands full!!

I think happily married means something a lot more than we ever thought it meant. I'm not sure what it means exactly...but I think it means something significant. Maybe happily ever after means something different then we thought too.

How do you know if you're doing it right. By "it" I mean being a mom. Do you really have to wait until your kids are grown to find out if you were a good enough mom? I'd really like to know if I'm doing it right now?

Why does God never give up on us? Why does He not throw His hands up in frustration and say, "That's it!! I give up!! You've used up all of your chances and I can't do anything with you!!"

....I'm so thankful that He doesn't give up, because I'm sure I'm way out of chances.

These are the questions that are keeping me awake this night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is some heavy thinking. Was this the night before you had bad dreams of jrs? I wanted to ask you if you ate anything unusual that night. But then, maybe it was this blogging. After getting all of these heavy thoughts out of the way, the next heavy thought subconciously bothering you seaped out into your dreams...not really calming things down.
Thank you, though, for the deeps thoughts. They got us all thinking...and thanking...

Anonymous said...

You remind me of Thomas Sowell's "Random thoughts on the passing scene". Pretty fast company; keep it up.

Anonymous said...

...the sun rises and the sun sets; and hastening to its place, it rises there again. Blowing toward the south, then turning toward the north, the wind continues swirling along; and on its circular courses the wind returns.... What has been will be and what has been done will be done.... brch hshm

Jenn said...

Who is this cryptic writer, unveil yourself please

Anonymous said...

to give you solace - this is life and one day if they're lucky your daughters will experience motherhood:)

Anonymous said...

Hey there - very good to know i am not alone with my crazy thoughts also. I understand that yours race around at all hours. It sure can be hard to turn the mind off. Thanks for your sharing and trusting us with this stuff.