Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just some thoughts

Can you feed your children mac and cheese too much? I was wondering this while I was cleaning dishes that had mac and cheese stuck to them while boiling another pot for today's lunch. Also, used to be when I would say we were having mac and cheese the girls would cheer, today Kayci said, "Mom, that doesn't really sound good to me." It's easy and no matter how low we get on other groceries we always have a couple of boxes stuffed in the back of the cabinet somewhere. I know, I know, I need to do better. I am going grocery shopping today.

We are getting ready for the final 5 year old birthday party of my mothering career. It is sad, but true. Courtney turns 5 next Monday and we are having our promised 5 year old bash this coming Saturday. It really seems like I just did Haley's 5 year old party...but time tells me we will be doing her 10 year old party in less than 6 months. (Sigh) I'm just starting to get the hang of having little kids and now they are growing into big kids. It doesn't seem fair.

I had the honor of being a part of a birth just a week ago. I watched as a new life took her first breath in this world and I was overwhelmed to the point of tears . There really aren't words to describe this miracle. It inspired me to ask Steve if we could maybe, possibly, think about, having one more child. His response was something like, " NO $%#&ing way Jenn." Oh, well, it was worth a try.

We were praying over our dinner the other night at a restaurant and Courtney was very deliberate about her prayer. With eyes squeezed shut and hand clasped tightly together, these were her words, "Dear God,.... and please help Kayci keep her pull-up dry tonight. I'm serious. She really needs to do this..." I cracked up because of the "I'm serious" part. That's what I say, apparently way too much.

Well, the kids have finished their bowl of mac and cheese and we still have school to finish. Thanks for the comments lately. As always, they are inspiring to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember peanut butter, mashed bananas and syrup? I've been using our spotted bananas up for this variation on PB & J. Maggie loves it, but Toby, not so much anymore. Toby's still crazy about freshly cooked Mac and Cheese, though.

Any suggestions for Miss Courtney's birthday? Does she have a Halloween costume, yet?

Did you get the glow-in-the-dark solar system up on the walls and ceilings, or was that a bad idea?