Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My mind is so full...

Sometimes I click on my blog site just to see if someone else has posted something interesting. I know this isn't possible, but some deep, needy part of me hopes that someone else might write on here . I know it is disheartening to look on here day after day and see the same title; meaning no new posts. For this I apologize. Life gets busy. It's not that I don't have things to say. Those among you who know me best, know that I am never at a loss of things to say. However, you may also know that given the choice, at the end of a long day, to write or lay on the couch and stare mindlessly at the TV or post the contents of my brain...99% of the time I will lay on the couch.

I really don't have time to be writing currently. We are leaving for a family vacation tomorrow and I still need to finish laundry, pack, mow the lawn and clean the house. (I really don't like to come home to a messy house so I have to stay up all night cleaning before I leave.) I am extremely weird, and I have never claimed otherwise. I figured if I wrote some stuff, maybe, just maybe I could stop feeling stressed and unfocused. (These may be two huge parts of my personality, but I am certain I can conquer them with a brain enema onto this blog).

As I sit here I can see out of the corner of my eye a large pile of cereal on the floor. Courtney tried to pour her own cereal this morning and well, she can't do it. Thus explaining the pile. Now it is 5:00 pm and I still haven't cleaned it up. This is concerning. Mostly because I forgot about it until just now. Maybe I'll get one of the kids to clean it up.

I don't really like cell phones. I like that I can talk to people when I'm driving or doing something else. But I don't like that I can't see the expression on people's face when I'm talking to them or know what's going on around them. I wonder, "Are they really listening? Or are they reading a book while talking on the phone?" Maybe no one else thinks this way, but maybe you all should. I may not be listening when I'm on the phone with you.

Here is a question that I need an answer to. Is it more cost effective to set your thermostat at 80 degrees all day so the air comes on and off all day or let it get to 85 degrees in the house and turning on the air at the end of the day just to cool off the house? I do the latter, but I'm wondering if I should just set it and leave it.

Maybe there will be a more focused post later...I just remembered I haven't written about the fact that Steve and I just celebrated 11 glorious years of marriage. That deserves a post for sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand to see 0 posts, so I'm posting just to change that. I don't have an air conditioner, so I can't tell you what I do...well, I guess I can: I open my windows and turn on the fans all summer long. On the five very hot days of the summer, my dilemma is do I close the windows and blinds, making it dark, with the fans on high, or do I just leave the windows open and let the hot wind blow through the house? Which is cooler, or should I say hotter? I really don't know.

JRS? Where are you?

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn,

We obsessive, compulsive types can't begin to relax on vacation without knowing there is a clean house waiting for us at home. Afterall, when staying at the hotel, doesn't your bed get made everyday and fresh towels delivered, and your toilet paper gets that nice "triangular" shape showing someone cleaned your bathroom (or at least touched your toilet paper... wait that might be a problem)? Anyways - sometimes, you even get a mint on your pillow (Tell KC that you need to find the mint before you go to bed, or, like bubble gum, it can end up in your hair).
After all that nice treatment, when you get home, you already know you will have piles of laundry that you're bringing back with you (unless you are like my aunt who brings disposable undergarments on vacation... but we won't go there)... so we really need the bed made before we leave (and maybe, I should consider putting mints on the pillows next time I leave). Hope you all had a great trip. Don't know about the AC... I was told it takes more effort to cool down the house when it's already hot, than to leave it just somewhat warmer while away.

Thanks for entertaining us with your blogs! You said you never see us write, but you can't say that anymore now.

Love - HKH (your ever-watching, ever-reading mystery friends Dr. and Mrs. Blue Eyes)

Anonymous said...

For clarification, the above anonymous comment was posted by Mrs. Blue eyes, not the now not-so anonymous Dr. non-Blue eyes . . . Oooh, I feel like I contributed now as well . . . 3 posted comments . . . do I hear 4? PS: Though it's dependent on the efficiency of your AC unit, I suggest NOT letting it get super hot and then having it run for hours trying to cool it down . . . have it run occasionally instead . . .