Thursday, November 8, 2007

Two Good Things Have Happened

#1 My insurance is covering treatment for my back through my uninsured motorist coverage!! Hooray. I didn't have to argue, cry, threaten, throw a tantrum...they just offered it.

#2 I had one of the greatest tennis matches of my life today. My partner and I lost, but it was the best tennis ever. How cool it is that I get to play tennis!!

Courtney and Haley are currently trying to have a contest to see who can suck up the most Cheezits with their mouth off of their plates. (Pause here and try and picture it) I'm wondering where they learned that trick. Steve and I usually save our highly competitive cheezeit sucking contest for when the kids are asleep. We are very careful about that. It's strange what habits kids pick up completely on their own.

Haley and Kayci had a great time at the Hannah Montana concert last night. However, today, after being up until 11:30pm and getting up at 7:00 this morning, Haley is insisting that she is not tired. What she doesn't know is that I am a mother and I KNOW when my kids are tired!!
Why does she doubt my wisdom? How can she think she knows herself better than I know her?

Here are some ways that I know Haley is tired:

1. She said she was tired when she got out of bed this morning.
2. She has not brushed her hair yet and it is well into the afternoon.
3. She has cried about the following things:
a. being hungry
b. doing school
c. riding in the car
d. me telling her that she is tired
4. Her eyes are bloodshot
5. She can hardly hold her eyes open while I am talking to her (and we know I am NOT THAT boring).
6. I am tired because I waited up for her to get home last night.

So even though she is 8and 1/2 I am making her take a nap before tennis clinic this afternoon. Guess what..........

She started crying about that too!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Okay I read this blog - I am here. I had a great time being able to talk to you tonight (off topic from your post) BUT it really helped - so thanks :)

But When I was little my parents would never let me sleep over at my friends because I would come back and be really grumpy and annoying and constantly saying "I am not tired"...so I know what you mean haha

Jodie said...

IF our kids had their own blog, and IF they made a list of ways they know we are tired when we say we aren't, I wonder what it would say? Although, I have no qualms whatsoever about admitting it when I am tired. How about you?