Tuesday, November 6, 2007

How about this?

Alright commenters...let me know about this change.

Before I met Steve, I liked to do new years resolutions. I liked to write 10 new things in my journal that I was going to change/accomplish/etc. during the up and coming year. When I met Steve, he brought up a good point. Why wait until a new year to change something that you want to change. Why not start when you think of it. Good point dear. So I think I will...

My New Year's Resolution is going to be to try and post at least one good thing that happens to me everyday. Since I tend to be a negative person, I've decided to start trying to find the good things in my day instead of stewing about the bad. Now I'm not at all saying my cynicism will be gone. But amidst my sarcastic blathering I am going to include one good thing that happens in my day.

So since the day is only half way over...I will not post any good things yet.

However, I will say with a loud Hooray, that we finally purchased a new car. It is not new really, but new to us. It is a 2005 Honda Odyssey. It is just great and is wonderful to be behind the wheel of a car I feel safe in. We got a pretty good deal on it and the kids are excited about the DVD player. I, being the die hard pessimist, am nervous about something going wrong. But for the time being, we have a really nice, safe, van that the insurance almost paid for in full!! Hooray for AAA insurance.

In other news, my girls are going to see Hannah Montana tomorrow night. Are my girls spoiled? Yes, they are. IS their mother so excited to be able to give them this opportunity, even though she can't afford to go with them? Yes, she is.

By the way, for all of the sarcastic comments I make about my poor husband. Let me say once and for all...he is a great man. People on this side of heaven will never know all he does and all he puts up with. I think people who really know him, I mean really know him (people outside of church) know that he is a talented man that is often taken for granted and misunderstood. And no matter what, I'm thankful that he has put up with me for all of these years. Because I'm no picnic when things are not going the way I think they should.

I will post again later.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Like the new look! Very bright and cheery!

What a good idea--posting good things that happen to you very day, that is! Especially for us Eeyore-type people. Ho-hum...wherever will we find the time?

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute the story is on the wrong side of the page and I just keep reading about when you got your first journal.. Maybe if I look at it using a mirror??? I am soooo confused --

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a surprise! Looks pretty cool. Are those lighthouses? Very Northwest looking. I'm glad to hear some positive notes. This blog need some of that.

Anonymous said...

I mean needed...