Monday, January 28, 2008

5 Dead Mice...and Roger Federer Lost

These are things that have made me get tears in my eyes during the last week: Faith brought me two dieing mice for presents and I caught, with traps, 3 of my own. Now these traps are your typical wooden spring loaded traps. However, they must have some super industrial strength because all three have basically been decapitated...leaving behind a small puddle of coagulated blood. I don't think the three I caught suffered. The two Faithy brought to me however, suffered...and may still be suffering since I just put them in a plastic bag and dropped them in the trash. It sounds cruel, but if you know my soft heart towards animals I really can't end their lives on my own. I just can't. Faith means well, but I really don't want the honor of the kill. I REALLY DON'T!!!

The second sad event was my best friend Roger Federer losing in the semi-finals of the Australian Open. Because of another "dear" friend, I knew the results of the match before I was able to watch it; this made watching RF struggle even more painful. I knew his efforts and beautiful shots were for nothing. He had no chance. He was going to lose. He hasn't contacted me since the match, but I am sure he will as soon as he has a break from trying to explain this loss to the idiotic media. "So, Roger, are you disappointed at your loss?" What kind of question is that?!!

Two good things that have happened:
1. I have a brand new bedroom. It is beautiful.
2. My children have not thrown up lately and they all seem to be getting better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I heard a news story the other day about a stomach bug going around, almost like an epidemic. So...it might not be our fault. Especially since Steve got it and we weren't even around him. At least I hope it's not our fault. I'm so sorry if it is! But you may have had it anyways, even if we didn't come down. Install of window treatments in exchange for making your family throw up for a couple of weeks. Good trade? Maggie woke up this morning panicking and running to the toilet thinking she was going to throw up, and it still hurt to open my eyes. It turned out she was just hungry. No barfing today!

You've got to get a cat. They just eat those mice right up!...Way before you even notice them.

Anonymous said...

In defense your slightly bone-headed "dear" friend I am sure their actions were not meant to create additional angst in your life. I am sure your "dear" friend was simply trying to be supportive knowing how disappointed you " already were" at RF's loss - meaning the dumb as dirt "dear" friend didn't realize that you hadn't watched it. I bet if you asked you would find out that your "dear" friend is an ignoramus that doesn't realize the Aussie's play in the middle of our night... Other than that ‘dear” friend sounds like a terrific person!

Anonymous said...

ummmmmmmm, somebody is a loser for thinking roger federer is their best friend...tennis nerd

Anonymous said...

Who the heck is Roger Federer? Wasn't he married to Britney Spears at some point?