Monday, February 11, 2008

New Words to an Older Rhyme

We are all familiar with the old rhyme:

Rub a Dub Dub Three Men in a Tub (this needs to be blogged about all by itself)
And who do you think they be?
The butcher, the baker, the candle stick maker....

Well, my Kayci was just reciting it for some reason and she said:

"Rub a Dub Dub Three Kayci's in a tub
And who do you think they be?
The butcher the BITCHER, and the candy stick maker..."

These were her words. I kid you not. I'm not sure how to respond. I'm pretty sure she has never heard that word; I'm hoping it was just a twisted tongue type insident.

They don't even go to public school yet...I have no one to blame but myself. Or could it be that while I was gone this weekend, Steve taught them some more colorful language?

Yes, that's it. I will blame Steve.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

It's much easier to blame the husband when he speaks with an accent, and the swear word has been said with this accent!

Anonymous said...

How do you know she didn't learn it from one of those two types of musicians that hang around? Which of those two categories would be most likely to let a term like that slip.....