Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Scrapbooking Weekend

Oh, the little pleasures of this world. I just returned from a glorious weekend in the mountains at a bed and breakfast with my girl friends. Really that sentence explains it all; away...mountains...bed and breakfast...girlfriends. I have been on several of these retreats with the same consultant and pretty much have the do's and don'ts memorized. Being a small, repressed trouble maker, I am always thinking of ways to pretend I don't know what is going on at the retreat in order to ask questions that annoy other people. It's a gift and a curse. (My favorite Monk quote.) So for those of you who know me, and pretend to love me, here is a list of dumb questions that my consultant, Lisa Hemstreet, and other fellow scrappers love to hear.

Top 10 Most Irritating questions to ask at a Scrapbooking Retreat.

10. What if we don't like the song that is playing? Can I turn off the i-pod before I go to bed?

9. Can I put a plastic bottle in the trash can marked CANS ONLY?

8. I know the pizza is labeled, but what kind is in each box, really?

7. Are all of the salads the same and um...I see salad dressing on the counter, but where do I get salad dressing for MY salad?

6. Jodie, do you have a sticker to go with this lay out?

5. What's for dinner? Do I have to eat it? Is it the same CRAP as last year? (Remember these are dumb questions, not necessarily questions I ask.) The food is amazing...always amazing...but people still ask, even though there is a menu posted in clear sight.

4. Are you hungry?

3. Jodie, do you have a piece of peach colored paper? Scissors? Adhesive?

2. Lisa, I know I already turned in my cost sheet, but can I add this one sheet of stickers too?

1. Have you thought of going digital?

Yes, I know, it is a talent. I know how to make questions that annoy people. However, I can't take credit for number 1. Jodie made that one up all by herself, and used it, and used it, and used it. It wasn't really annoying until the 531st time. But it worked, and I have decided to go digital. Good bye world of scraps of paper and pages of stickers. Good bye back breaking bags full of stuff. Good bye heavy albums. Good bye being a year or more behind. Digital world of scrapping, here I come.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Wait, one more question...are you sure you want to go digital? What if your computer crashes? Wait, I guess it would be okay, because you would have it all backed up on 90 million DVD's....

Anonymous said...

WOW!! My name made the blog! OK, even though I did actually know most of the "list" I still sat here, by myself, laughing out loud. What a great weekend! Can't wait to add to the list!