Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fish Tacos

I'm not the best cook in the world. I'm not very creative. I have my standards: mac and cheese, spaghetti, burritos, and sandwiches. Then I start this cycle again. I prefer eating out (who doesn't?). But my kids are getting too accustomed to what should actually be a treat. So I have been trying to be more creative with my cooking. The Internet provides a lot of good ideas for cooking and Rachel Ray also has a lot of good ideas. Although, I am finding the Rachel's "prep time" and "actually prep time" are highly different. I guess she has people to prepare the ingredients for mixing...I however, am "those people," and the prep time is usually doubled for me. Other than that, my family has been impressed with the variety. (Ok, no one has said they are impressed, but if I were them, I would be impressed.) I have made Sante Fe Chicken Salad, Chicken Parmagian on rolls, Baked Mac and Cheese, just to name a few.


Here is my latest accomplishment. Fish tacos. They were delicious, not hard to make, and very nutritious. The only down side is my house smelled of fish for a week. Yuck. For that reason alone, I may never make them again. I thought the end result was very pretty. I was proud of myself for trying something way out of my league, so I took a picture. Sometimes a pat on the back can even come from yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just never cook fish and broccoli at the same time. but maybe, actually, you should leave just a little bit of fish by the computer, in a hidden spot, so that no one wants to spend very much time at the computer because it stinks so bad.