Monday, March 3, 2008

Imagine Ifff

Sorry about my long absence. It's not that I don't have any ideas; in fact my mind is so full at this point I am having a hard time organizing everything I have to say. So I apologize in advance for the rambling that will take place hence forth.

A couple of weeks ago Steve and I got together with some or our musician friends. (Remember, this is a crazy bunch of people because, like I said in an earlier blog, we have all spent far too much time alone in a practice room...we are repressed party animals. When we get together, you can guarantee that the cops will be called!!) Anyway, we got together for a game night. We played many games including, Farkle, Dominoes and a very interesting game called Imagine IFF. This is a game that should be played during premarital counseling. It really lets you know who knows you or a better way to say it is, how well someone knows you. Everyone in the game writes their name on a square. When your name is landed on there is a question like: "Imagine if Steve was a criminal...who would he be?" Then it lists 6 possibilities: 1. Michael Meinken 2. Robin Hood 3. Jack the Ripper 4. Heidi Fleice....etc. Then the group turns over from their group of cards the one they think matches Steve. Steve also turns over the one that he thinks matches him. It is great fun and very funny. It is interesting, because you may think that you are giving off a vibe to be one way, but after playing this game you realize that people are perceiving you in a totally different way. I had one friend at the table who never got a question wrong about me. (This means his answer agreed with what I thought of myself every time.) However, Steve and I agreed about 50% of the time. I thought this was interesting. We've known each other for almost 15 years. We've lived together for almost 12. Yet, I'm not sure we really know each other completely. When the question was "Imagine IFF Jenn was a perfect vacation, what would she be?" 1. A luxury cruise 2. A safari 3. A trip around the world 4. A mountain getaway 5. Staying home 6. A beach trip. I chose a luxury cruise, because I have been saying for years that I would love to just getaway by myself and have all my meals taken care of. I don't want to have to pack and repack. I want to be in one place. Steve chose number 5. He thought I'd rather stay home because I don't like to travel. He actually said, "You would love to be able to stay home and clean without any interruption." I shook my head and thought that this response explains so much. So, I say words about a hotel room and room service and a stack of books to read and these words go through the filter of my husbands genius mind and he hears that I'd rather stay home and clean. Interesting....very interesting. It makes me wonder what other ideas and desires I feel I have clearly communicated and he feels that he has "clearly" understood.

It is a great game. We had so much fun, all of us. I was so happy Steve agreed to come with me to this social event. I really do forget how much fun I have when we are together without the distractions of life.

Two good things that have happened:
1. Southern California weather is the best!!
2. I made some new friends this weekend that I am really excited about.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back! So are you now putting 2 good things that happen each day? That's a good idea. I especially like this one's #2. I think you need to write a blog about what it's like to be at a women's retreat for the weekend and all the weird ways and fun ways that women interact when they are together like that.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon bros. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that singular make. The prices for the sneakers were about 180 pounds on every page. But completely I bring about this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were approximately 210 bucks on every page. But completely I base this area selling them for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you say about it?