Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Conversation with Steve

Last night I had such a bad sore throat and neck ache that I went to bed at 7:30. I am assuming the kids got themselves ready for bed and went to bed without my help, because they were there this morning. Steve was gone until late last night working hard to support my extravagant life style so the kids and I were on our own.

He came in about 10:30 and asked what was wrong. This is a rough transcript of the conversation that went on with my beloved:

Steve: What is wrong with you?
Me: (weakly croaking because of the pain in my throat) I'm sick
Steve: Oh no...you're sick. I guess I won't be sleeping in the same bed as you tonight.
Me: (barely whispering) Why?
Steve: (a little irritated) I can't get sick, I have a concert this Saturday!!
Me: (fading away) Oh, sorry to be such a burden to you with my sickness. Should I go out and sleep on the couch?
Steve: (hopeful) Would you really do that for me?
Me: No I won't. I just wanted to see what you would say.

This is what it is like being married to a rock star!!

By the way, he did sleep with me anyway...I was just careful to breath in the other direction.

2 comments:

Artie said...

ROTF
"no, I wouldn't, I just wanted to see what you would say"

!!!!!!

I am laughing SO hard.

slobber on ALL the pillows and blankets. maybe accidentally wipe your nose on the sheets. claim that bed for your sick self. claim pinkeye too.

Anonymous said...

were you better in the morning?