Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Being a Mom is Hard

In case any of my mom readers didn't know...Being a Mom is Hard. It's not just you. We all feel that way and it is hard everyday. The worries and just plain emotions that go along with filling this position is overwhelming. Our tolerance for mistakes that we make is extremely low, so when we do make a mistake the heap load of guilt we decide to carry around makes the day seem a little more difficult, the headache seem a little more painful, and the worry seem a little bigger. I've just finished reading two of my favorite bloggers address this very issue and I thought I would start my blog by saying you moms out there are doing a great job. I think the fact that your kids are still smiling, still learning, still functioning in society says you are a success. However, I know most of you go above and beyond the minimum requirements and actually interact with your kids, read to them, ask them interesting questions, and look for opportunities to allow them to enjoy this brief moment in time called childhood. You provide them with healthy food, a warm bed, and at least one hug EVERYDAY. Even the most high maintenance friend you have ever had didn't need that. Even on the days you don't want to give of yourself, you only momentarily consider this option, and then you throw back the covers and start the whole giving selflessly montage again. Remember this, all you moms, you are the perfect mother for the kids you have. Your mistakes and your successes are exactly what your particular kids need to become who they are supposed to be in this life. NO ONE could do it better than you are doing. NO ONE!! So just take a deep breath. Pat yourself on the back, tuck that hair behind your ear and keep going. You're doing a great job. You're doing the best job there is. And when you think no one is listening, no one knows what you are going through, and you just can't do it one more day, listen closely...very closely and you will hear the constant applause of heaven. You can't ask for more than that!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was truly touching; truly, truly touching.

I like to tuck my hair behind both ears. I think that means I've got it harder. It's a hard-knock life, for us. Yes, definitely hard! I'll have to revisit this one to keep encouraged or to help convince me of this truth.