Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Tooth Fairy and Hard Economic Times

Speaking of failings as moms....

Two of my children lost teeth in the last week.

Two times the tooth fairy forgot to come.

Two times she wrote a very humble letter of apology and provided an extra dollar for the inconvenience.

Two times the kids had different explanations:
1. She got stuck in traffic
2. Barak Obama didn't include her in the stimulus package so she quit giving to those of us in this tax bracket.

Do you think we watch too much Fox News here in the Merrick household?

2 comments:

Artie said...

what is the going rate for teeth these days? I heard tooth #1 gets $10!! who the hell are my friends that give their kids $10 for a friggin tooth!?! I understand inflation and whatever but come ON.

I can totally see myself, er I mean, OUR tooth fairy (who I haven't had to contact yet) doing that...forgetting. I will have to tell the tooth fairy to put a reminder in her blackberry. how flippin sad! LOL

I'm sure it won't do major damage. And when they're old enough, they'll think her notes were cute.

Anonymous said...

our tooth fairy may be the same as yours...forgetful...actually late. She usually arrives after breakfast, right before making bed time.