Thursday, April 24, 2008

What Did I do With my Hours of Freedom?

Many of you may be wondering what I did with my time off. Let me warn you...it is not exciting and maybe somewhat disappointing to those of you who would give your right arm to have two hours alone.

After I was done blogging about my new and temporary freedom, I decided to lie down in my bed and just relax for a minute. I think I would have been instantaneously asleep, but the phone rang. An old friend of mine needed help on some math problems. An hour later, my time was up.

I know, not that interesting. Not very productive. But it remains a very surreal memory for me. I actually was in my home for 2 hours without anyone in the house with me. It felt strange and made me think that this is how it will be, someday, when the kids go off to their own lives. How sad that day will be. It almost makes me want to have more kids...just to prolong the inevitable...almost.

Last night I had the rare opportunity to hang out with some of my old girl friends from college. I had forgotten how much fun we used to have. The memories and stories that we brought to the table kept us all laughing for the entire two hours we were together. I am tempted to share some of the funniest moments, but I don't think they would translate well. A lot of you- just- had- to- be- there- moments. My face and sides were sore from laughing so much. The stories ranged in topics from a chance encounter with Brad Pitt to a 12 year old story about an unfortunate bunny that seemed like a funny story at first, but it just became sad...and for that reason it became funny again. See what I mean? You just had to be there. If you want to know the stories, ask me...you know how I love to talk.

Two good things that happened:
1. Today I got to play tennis across the street from the ocean. Sure, my partner and I were killed in the match, but it was beautiful and such a neat thing to get to play at the beach.

2. Steve just called me today just to see how my day was. It felt good.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

And Steve's response to your almost desire to have more kids was......

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't dance around the house naked. Isn't that what everyone does when they are home alone? ;)