Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Have Much to Say...

...yet I wonder if anyone cares. I don't mean that in a pathetic, reassure me, way. I just wonder if the drivel that is my form of communication is boring or provocative. I wonder this, because I am really starting to notice that most people don't listen when others talk. I find that when I am visiting with my family, I feel like I have to say a full paragraph's worth of information in under 10 seconds or I will be interrupted. It could be completely quiet while my family is sitting around playing a game of hearts. I think, "This would be a good time to share an interesting story." So I might start a sentence with, "I saw this really cool thing on the Discovery Channel the other night..." and for some reason this triggers the sharing of everyone else's recent TV experience. This springboards the conversation into several avenues, including, but not limited to, "Watching too much TV," "Jen and her messy house," "Who needs a snack," and "Who's turn is it anyway in this game?" By the time everyone else has shared their kernels of interest, I can't remember what I was going to say. Then I wonder, do I do the same to those trying to talk with me? Do I finish other people's sentences, because I want to talk about what I want to talk about? I am sure I do. This must be the core of why I blog. No one can interrupt, and I can pretend everyone is listening with awe and intrigue.

In my mind, I am very interesting. In my mind, most everything I have to say is riveting. But on the occasion I say something boring, I am always quick to say, "I will try and space out those boring stories." I am very thoughtful that way.

By the way...

I just read this blog and, "I will try and space out these boring blogs."
Thanks for hanging in there anyway.

No comments: