Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Dropped My Phone in the Toliet

I wasn't drunk, but I was in a bar. What's worse, I was at a Country Western Bar and I hadn't flushed yet. EEEEEEEEEEW. It was in my back pocket. I stood up to finish business and....PLOP. I didn't even hesitate to dive my hand right in to pick it up thinking I could save it. EEEEEEEEEW!! Alas, I didn't save it and my girl's night out turned into a $150 event. I am so glad I didn't get mad at Steve for getting a $130 cell phone ticket about a week ago. He didn't get mad me at all, and when I decided to punish myself and get a $49 phone that was crappy, he went out and exchanged it for my original phone. What a super hero!

Don't be afraid to touch my phone...it is brand new.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee...glad for the crazy moments in our friends lives, as well as our own. And glad for your superhero's phone rescue as well :) Go Steve!! -Home Alone

Artie said...

UGH bummer!!! I dropped my ryan-sapphire ring in the toilet once at CSUB. did the same thing but saved it. my friend dropped her cell in a toilet on a biz road trip and let it dry out on the dashboard and miraculously it worked. but phones were better then.

urine is fairly sterile for the first few moments. the toilet I can not speak for...but I'm sure you scrubbed up like a surgeon after. LOL

Anonymous said...

Did you at least change the ring tone on your new phone?

Jodie said...

I once dropped my favorite pair of sunglasses into an outhouse hole. They weren't expensive, but it's not altogether that easy to dig through the selection at WalMart to find a pair of sunglasses that is just right for your nose and face shape. I didn't retrieve them, but after seeing "Slumdog Millionaire," I kind of wish I had.