Friday, March 23, 2007

I am so proud of my sister

Now here's someone who can set boundaries!!

Customer Service:

I wanted to inform you of a recent experience I had at an Oil CanHenry's at440 N.E. Weidler Street Portland, OR 97232. This happened yesterday, March 20, 2007. I went to get my oil changed today. I have yet to find an honest mechanic to service my car so I decided to go to an Oil Can Henry's. I like that I can just stay in my car and oversee what's going on, as the 20-point check is administered. Everything seemed to be going fine. I had previously been to this OCH before, and had no negative experiences. The mechanic downstairs mentioned that the fuel filter was the original one from the manufacturer of the car, suggesting that I get it replaced. Tony, the upstairs mechanic went on to explain that it should be replaced every year or 15,000 miles. Every time I take my car somewhere, anywhere, that's what I hear--I need a new fuel filter. I decided to turn this one down. As they were finishing up, I asked if they had checked and filled the tires. I knew I had a very low tire and wanted to make sure it was filled. Tony, the upstairs mechanic, looked at the downstairs mechanic who said,"yes", they had checked the tires. Without even thinking about it, I trusted their answer.

I drove the 6 miles to my house, pulled into the garage, and as I was walking into the house, I looked at what was my low tire and was surprised to see that it looked the same as it had before I had it serviced. I dug through my glove compartment to find my tire gauge and checked it myself. There wasn't enough air in the tire to even push the white gauge stick out. It was then that I realized that my tires weren't touched, or even looked at, at Oil Can Henry's. Even though I made a special point to ask about them, they were not checked and filled. So I decided to drive back and get them checked, since I payed for a "famous 20-point Full service oil change"which was supposed to include Tire Pressure! Tony hopped to it and helped right away, trying to figure out what the recommended air pressure was for my particular tires. As he was checking the tires we found out that the air hose and gauge does not work. The downstairs mechanic comes over and tells Tony that it doesn't work, hasn't been working for who knows how long. So no one was getting that part of the 20-point full service from that particular bay, I suppose. I pulled over to one of the other bays to get the tires filled up. I looked around to see if anyone was in charge. Everyone looked very young. I could not tell that anyone in particular was in charge, making sure everyone was satisfied with the services they were receiving. All the mechanics were"working" on cars while the trusting customers just sat in their cars reading papers or whatever, oblivious to whether or not they were truly getting the 20-point Full service promised. Tony filled up the low tire and as I was getting back into my car, (because I now felt I had to get out and watch what he said was being done) I had to ask Tony, "Can I be sure that my oil was changed?" to which he replied "You can be sure that it was changed!" I have to say, that did not put my heart at ease....I wondered how many other customers were getting gypped there everyday, without knowing it,most likely. Is that what kind of place this is; a place for people who do not know or care enough about their cars that they won't realize a missed checkpoint?

A Very Disappointed Customer,JG

No comments: