Friday, March 2, 2007

Wrinkles and Zits

As I was going through my morning routine of self-preservation (or restoration) whatever you want to call it, I was looking closely at my face. I noticed something that I'm not sure should ever occur together. Above my left eyebrow was a small, yet noticeable zit, reminiscent of my puberty years. Upon further investigation, I noticed that the "laugh lines" around my eyes are becoming more like "always visible lines," because they appear even when I am not laughing. They are more like just "plain lines" permanently etched into my face. A face that is still, apparently, going through puberty. Is this middle age? When the two time periods of life (puberty and old age) clash in a five year span of "ugly beyond all recognition." It's not a huge problem, but it has caused me some concern. I was so looking forward to the time in life when I didn't have to worry about unsightly marks on my face. It appears that this time has come and gone and I forgot to notice. So if you see me on the street...I'm the girl with three gorgeous daughters and a sack on my head to cover the indecision my face appears to be having...make her old or keep her young.

On a serious note:

By the way, I watched a very moving Dr. Phil about Deaf Blind Triplets. It was sad, but very humbling. I really have nothing to complain about. Check out his website and there should be a link to this story. I think they are a worthy cause to support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You changed the title of your site! Yes, I notice these things. Why the change?
Very funny about wrinkles and zits. You put it exactly right. That's why I'm working on getting past relying on my face to make or break my day. I don't want something I can't control-like zits and wrinkles- to have the power of my happiness. I'll let you know when that truely happens.

Anonymous said...

how's things funnybecauseitssad.blogspot.com blogger discovered your site via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com